Enterprise Northern Ireland in partnership with Ulster Bank we are delighted to introduce ‘Start Her Up’! We want to encourage as many young women as possible to explore self-employment – whether they have an idea, have started trading on a small scale or are just interested in being your own boss – this is the perfect start!
The most exciting part of Start Her Up is the opportunity to win up to a £1,000 Start Her Up incentive to take your business/idea to the next level.
Start Her Up welcomes all young women aged 18 – 40 particularly encouraging young BAME women, young women living with a disability, and young women living with neurodiversity to register!
Start Her Up will:
1. Build awareness of the opportunity for self-employment and entrepreneurship
2. Encourage and enable YOU to start and grow YOUR enterprise
3. Develop confidence to engage with early-stage entrepreneurial & enterprise activity & confidence to navigate the complexity of the support ecosystem
What you can expect…
1. All participants will receive a bespoke personal development plan based on the entrepreneurial diagnostic completed at the Start Her Up event in your area.
2. All participants have the opportunity to attend 4 bespoke virtual workshops.
3. Participants are selected in September by our panel of judges based on their personal development plans to receive 1:1 mentoring.
4. 20 participants are selected in October by our panel of business advisors to enter the Start Her Up competition.
5. Competition is via video entry and requires finalists to prepare, deliver and submit a 2-minute growth plan pitch. (support for video entry will be provided in October)
5. Start Her Up competition winner receives £1,000 towards their Start Her Up journey.
6. Start Her Up competition runner-ups (two) receive £500 each towards their Start Her Up journey.